Employment at Potter County Sheriff’s Office
If a rewarding career with a progressive law enforcement agency interests you, you’re in the right place! Applications are available at the Potter County Sheriff’s Office located at 608 S. Pierce. You can also download the application and turn it in to the Sheriff’s Office. For any employment questions contact April Rosenbaum at 806-379-2906 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday – Friday or send her an email.
APPLICATION MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18 years of age on or before completion of the first year of employment.
- Posses a high school diploma or GED.
- U.S. citizen and a resident of the contiguous United States for a period of time sufficient to conduct a comprehensive background investigation. *Consideration will be given for military or overseas assignments.*
- Pass all phases of the applicant testing process, including the physical agility course.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- No more than three (3) moving violations within a twelve (12) month period preceding the date of application.
- No felony or class A misdemeanor convictions. No class B misdemeanor convictions within the past ten (10) years preceding the date of application.
- Previous military personnel must not have been convicted of any court martial higher than a summary. Applicants with previous military service must submit a copy of their DD214 report of separation. *A dishonorable discharge will be an automatic disqualification for employment.*
- Stable credit history
- Must be able to provide copies of all required documentation listed on the application.
CIVILIAN EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
Those interested in a civilian career with the Potter County Sheriff’s Office will use the same application to apply. All the above requirements apply except civilian applicants are not required to participate in the physical agility portion of the process.
Download application here.